- Visual Studio Code
1. Visual Studio Code
The countless plugins of VS code can replace the entire coding and will accelerate the application process.
- Most popular editor for react
- Inbuilt Debugger
- Exotic modules
- Built-in support for Intellisense code- autocompletion
- Supports many programming languages
- Integrated tools for testing
- Supports syntax highlighting, snippets, and more.
- Integrated Git version Control and terminal
- Good understanding of semantic code.
- Supports tooling for JSON,Html, JSX/ React
- Out-of-the-box support
- Free and open-source
- Low memory usage
- More than 20000 plugins
- Available on various platforms
- Supports React.js Intellisense.
Platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac.
2. React ide
React ide is the first dedicated editor for React only. It is free and open-source. It is a cross-platform desktop application that has a custom simulator, making build tool and server configuration unnecessary. It has integrated tools for sleek development. It combines everything in a single place which makes it easy for developers to write and preview code.
- Seamless browser integration
- Live Reloading
- Build tools inside
- Integrated terminal and node server
- It is cross-platform tool
Platforms: Windows, macOS, Ubuntu, Debian
- It can be run on various operating systems.
- Supports auto-completion of syntax
- It has a built-in package manager, that allows you to search and create your own package.
- It also has a feature that offers you to drag and drop a file in a different file.
- Supports syntax highlighting.
- It has a plugins library that allows adding on other features.
- It has a teletype feature that allows editing and sharing a workspace in real-time.
- File system browser offers to find and open the main file
- Co-operative support for multiple developers
- It’s free to use and open-source
- It has an auto-completion feature that will truly reduce the development process.
- The built-in package manager is excellent
- Quick file switching
- Has built-in Coffee-Script Package Manager.
- Straight-forward Interface to learn and utilize.
- Git Integration
- A great number of packages are available for every need.
Platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS
Brackets is a free code editor developed by Adobe System. It is light weighted web development editor. It has large plugin support used for web app development. It is an open-source code editor, which helps you write the code in all different programming languages. It has an inline editor and it is specifically made for web developers. Finding functions and instant project switching are important features of Brackets
- Allows real-time preview, whenever you make a change it displays, it instantly shows on the screen.
- Inline Editor
- Supports for pre-processor and syntax highlighting
- Huge plugin support
- Enables Code folding and quick edit features.
- Free and Open Source
- It has a real-time conversation with google, has an extension in google chrome
- It makes it easy for a developer that whenever code changes, it immediately displays on the screen.
- It also has an extract feature through which the information can be extracted like font and others.
- It also supports code minification
- It has a broadly evolved hotkey system.
- Great set of visual tools.
Platform: Windows, Linux, mac Os
Languages: JS, Ruby, Python, etc.
Notepad ++ is a free and open-source code editor for Microsoft Windows, which was developed by Dan Ho. It supports many programming languages; also allows to work on multiple files in a single window. It is written in C++ in which the Win 32API and STL are used, which speed up the development with small file sizes.
- It has line numbering.
- Can edit multiple files on a single window.
- Offers Find and replace along with the support of standard expressions
- Macros for recording a series of editing commands which is to be executed frequently.
- Edit text files for different operating systems.
- Plugins system for adding new features.
- Syntax highlighting
- Searching text strings within the open tab
- Light-weighted and fast, free.
- Easy to use and GUI user-friendly.
- Supports over 50 programming, marking, and scripting languages.
- Instant conversion of encoding and newline characters
- Less amount of storage.
- Number of Plugins available.
Languages: Python, Ruby, CSS, Html, and more.
Vim is one of the old IDEs for React. It is light weighted and can access large files. It is free and highly customizable, popular for its configuration properties. It can be controlled by keyboard shortcuts. Although it takes more time to start and set up.
- Low storage on the system
- Large Plugins support
- Supports many programming languages.
- It has key mappings which are customized and extensible.
- It has a great search and replaces option.
- The editing procedure is fast.
Platform: Linux, mac OS
Languages: all programming languages.
It is a free and open-source text editor which includes all the basic user interfaces. It is the most simple and manageable which consists of all important features in comparison with another editor. It also has a great set of extensions; also an interpreter of Emacs Lisp. It supports many programming languages.
- It supports full Unicode files.
- Can do a lot more than react to native development
- Compatible with tools and capabilities to install extensions
- Supports syntax highlighting.
- High-speed support environment
- Offers theme customization
Platform: macOS, Window, Linux, OpenBSD,GNU
Languages: language agnostic
Spacemacs is a community-driven Emacs distribution; it is a combination of Emacs and Vim Editor.
- Great user interface
- Key binding and macro which helps in development easily.
- It has git integration
- Instantly query finding to search and navigate files.
- It has More than enough documentation.
- It also configures ESlint support.
- It has great community support.
Platform: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
Languages: Almost language agnostic
9. Sublime Text
Sublime is a paid editor which is light-weighted having the best features for the development app. It only needs one type of license to use this. It is fast and is integrated with many tools. It supports almost every language.
- It supports many programming languages.
- It offers auto-completion of code.
- Offers a great library of packages.
- Easy to navigate
- It supports key binding and macros.
- It has a great keyboard shortcut and multiline editing.
- Can quickly go to the definition of class or method.
- It displays the condensed preview of long code which helps in navigating code easily.
Platform: Windows, Linux, Mac OS
Languages: Language agnostic
- It has a built-in web server that helps to run programs online.
- Integration with Git
- Live editing feature which supports the changes immediately in the browser.
- Syntax Error Detection
- Code completion for React and JSX.
- Huge Plugins Support
- Built-in terminal and testing capabilities.
Platform: Window, Mac, Linux
Languages: Angular, React, Vue, Node.js, Ionic, React Native